- DeFi Begins to Move From a Niche Market to Mainstream Finance
- Bitcoin Will Surge to $400K — Max Keiser Quadruples BTC Price Forecast
- BTC Correction, Andrew Yang Out, William Shatner Attacks: Hodler’s Digest, Feb. 10–16
- Binance Takes Additional Steps to Tap Singapore’s Crypto Market
- Cryptocurrency Is Agorism in Action
January was the second-best month for CME’s Bitcoin futures trading since its 2017 launch, averaging 10,800 contracts, 69% greater than the average daily volume in 2019. Last month also saw new options on Bitcoin futures picking up pace. Since launch, 466 options contracts, or 2,300 equivalent Bitcoin, have traded—nearly 40% as blocks, showing signs of institutional interest, CME said. It also registered a record monthly average of 56 large open interest holders (entities that hold 25+ contracts).
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) launched its Bitcoin futures options last month, with US$2.3 million traded on the first …
Get latest cryptocurrency news on bitcoin, ethereum, initial coin offerings, ICOs, ethereum and all other cryptocurrencies. Learn How to trade on cryptocurrency exchanges.