- Why Cryptocurrency Is More Than a Hedge Against US Dollar Inflation
- Decentralized Exchanges Maturing, but High Demand Reveals Limitations
- Educating Congress on Tech Is The Next Frontier for This Blockchain Caucus Co-Chair
- Unraveling the Blockchain and Crypto Gaming World One Click at a Time
- Can Belarus Use Crypto to Bypass Sanctions? Experts Are Skeptical
January was the second-best month for CME’s Bitcoin futures trading since its 2017 launch, averaging 10,800 contracts, 69% greater than the average daily volume in 2019. Last month also saw new options on Bitcoin futures picking up pace. Since launch, 466 options contracts, or 2,300 equivalent Bitcoin, have traded—nearly 40% as blocks, showing signs of institutional interest, CME said. It also registered a record monthly average of 56 large open interest holders (entities that hold 25+ contracts).
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) launched its Bitcoin futures options last month, with US$2.3 million traded on the first …
Get latest cryptocurrency news on bitcoin, ethereum, initial coin offerings, ICOs, ethereum and all other cryptocurrencies. Learn How to trade on cryptocurrency exchanges.